9 uses of graphite
9 uses of graphite
1. For refractory materials: including refractory bricks, crucibles, continuous casting powder, mold cores, mold detergents and high temperature resistant materials.
2. Steelmaking: Graphite and other impurity materials can be used as recarburizers when used in the steelmaking industry. The range of carbonaceous materials used for recarburization is very wide, including artificial graphite, petroleum coke, metallurgical coke and natural graphite. Steelmaking recarburizers are still one of the main uses of graphite in the world.
3. As conductive material: Graphite is widely used in the electrical industry as electrodes, brushes, carbon rods, carbon tubes, positive electrodes of mercury rectifiers, graphite washers, telephone parts, coatings for television picture tubes, etc. Among them, graphite electrodes are the most widely used.
4. Used as wear-resistant and lubricating material: Graphite is often used as a lubricant in the machinery industry. Lubricating oil can not be used under high-speed, high-temperature, and high-pressure conditions, while graphite wear-resistant materials can work at a temperature of 200 ℃ to 2000 ℃ and at a high sliding speed (l00m/s) without lubricating oil.
5. Used as corrosion-resistant material: Graphite has good chemical stability: specially processed graphite has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity, and low permeability. It is widely used in the production of heat exchangers, reaction tanks, and condensers. , Combustion tower, absorption tower, cooler, heater, filter, pump and other equipment.
6. For casting, sand-finding, pressing molds and high-temperature metallurgical materials: Because graphite has a small expansion coefficient and can withstand rapid changes in cold and heat, it can be used as a mold for glassware. After graphite is used, ferrous metals can obtain castings with accurate dimensions and smooth surface. The yield is high, and it can be used without processing or a little processing, thus saving a lot of metal.
7. Used in the nuclear energy industry and national defense industry: Graphite has good neutron deceleration performance. It was first used as a moderator in atomic reactors. The "uranium-graphite" reactor is currently the most widely used type of atomic reactor.
8. As anti-scaling and anti-rust material: graphite can prevent boiler scaling. Tests have shown that adding a certain amount of graphite powder to the water can prevent scaling on the boiler surface. In addition, graphite coating on metal chimneys, roofs, bridges, and pipes can prevent corrosion and rust.
9. New uses of graphite: 1) Flexible graphite products. Flexible graphite, also known as expanded graphite, is a new graphite product developed in the 1970s. 2) Making semi-metal friction materials. Since the 1970s, semi-metal friction materials have been widely used in clutches and automatic linings.
Flake graphite is natural eutectic graphite, its shape is like fish phosphorus, belongs to hexahedral crystal system .With advantage of flake crystalline integrity, thin film ,toughness, floatability, lubricity and plasticity, Natural flake graphite is more superior than other graphite .